- No Events were found.
Registration for the 2015 – 2016 Season is OPEN!
Call us today for details – 905-788-2627
The Learn To Skate Program
The Niagara Centre Skating Club is located in the center of Niagara, serving skaters from Grimsby to Buffalo, since 1948.
The Niagara Centre Skating Club is a sanctioned member of SKATE CANADA—Western Ontario Section, dedicated to providing SKATE CANADA recreational and competitive skating programs.
We support the mission of encouraging Canadians to participate in skating for fun, fitness and achievement throughout their lifetimes!
The Niagara Centre Skating Club is a non-profit organization, administered and operated by a host of volunteer Board directors and members.
The Board holds monthly meetings throughout the year. Members are encouraged to participate and forward questions & feedback.
Board Nominations are accepted in February and elections are held at the Annual General Meeting at the end of the skating season in April each year.
All programs are taught by professional coaches certified through Skate Canada and National Coaching Certification Program, including high standards for ethics, national clearance checks and first aid requirements.
Visit our website for a complete listing of Board Directors and coaches.
1. As a non-profit club, our fees reflect our direct costs for ice time, program costs, insurance and our professional coaches’ time for group programs.
2. Additional fees: Refundable Volunteer Deposit $200 All STARSkaters – to be submitted at the time of registration postdated February 1, 2016 to be returned upon the completion of 10 hours of volunteer time, must include 1 Competition. Not required for Junior Group.
Out-of-Club Fee $40 Home Club Guest Day Fee, max 5 $20 Out of Club Guest Skater Fee , max 5 $25 NSF Check Fee $30 Private Lessons/Coaching Fees Paid directly to coach at individual rates. Test Fees $10/test & judges fee of $8
3. Fees are payable, by cash or cheque, at registration in full or in two installments: Non-refundable Skate Canada and Club fee plus 50% at registration, balance due by Nov 30th post-dated check at time of registration.
4. Cheques should be made payable to: NIAGARA CENTRE SKATING CLUB
5. After Dec. 1 any refunds are subject to Board approval and requests must be made in writing. Refunds are subject to a $75.00 admin fee.
6. All members must be in good standing. Any NSF payments or overdue balances must be paid immediately to avoid suspension of member skating privileges.
7. The Club reserves the right to change schedules and fees without notice. (i.e. City special events)
8. Snow days/unforeseen circumstances are considered beyond the control of the Club and make up sessions will not be scheduled.
9. General Rule: If the arena is open, sessions are running.
REGISTER IN PERSON:
Cash or Check only Wednesday August 19, Pelham arena, 6-8 pm Welland Seaway Mall, (Community Booth) September 12, 12-5 pm Saturday Sept 19, Port Colborne arena, 12-3 pm
Payment plans available, but all fees must be paid in full by Nov 30th.
Informal registration available at the Welland Youth arena during September StarSkate hours. See schedule on website. REGISTER BY MAIL:
Mail registration forms and payment to: Niagara Centre Skating Club P.O. Box 595, Welland, ON L3B 5R3 Forms may be downloaded from website
Financial assistance for recreational funding may be available through Canadian Tire’s JumpStart program or the Niagara Region’s ProKids program.